Well it’s Easter time which means we are well and truly into 2021. I think we’ve got to take any celebration offered to us by the horns this year, don’t you think?
So totally enjoy some chocolate this Easter, and hot cross buns, and family time, and long weekend feast… but try to eat mindfully, chew slowly, savour each mouthful and listen to your body. There is no need to deprive yourself but there is also no need to lose control and eat so much that you no longer feel good.
I wanted to share one of my all time favourite chocolate recipes that I have been making regularly for about 8 years now, I know the recipe by heart. You can find the download for my Peppermint Patty recipe here. Did you eat Peppermint Patties when you were a kid? I sure did! I make these alll the time and I actually think they are an improvement on the original so trust me, you do not feel like you are compromising because they are decadently good! Hot tip from me, keep some in the freezer, they make amazing frozen treats.
But considering recipe development and food photography are really not high on my list of skill sets I wanted to share four of the recipe blogs I have been following for years and always check for delicious sweet treat recipes. The following four women are much more proficient in recipe blogging than I am!
- Wholefoods Simply https://wholefoodsimply.com/
- Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef (her Naked Chocolate Cake is a celebration staple in our house!) https://thehealthychef.com/blogs/recipes
- Quirky Cooking if you have a Thermomix https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/
- Cyndi O’Meara’s Healthy Habits blog https://changinghabits.com.au/our-recipes/
So if you are looking for some Easter inspo you won’t be disappointed!
In my video this fortnight I’ve also got some exciting news! IBS month starts tomorrow and I’ve been working hard on some offerings.
- Coming up is the launch of my 6 Days of Digestion mini eCourse! Finally!
- I’m also opening an online store with a few select products that I use in clinic and have been able to source for retail!
- And…I’m now a Metabolic Balance Practitioner! I’ll be sharing more about MB in the coming weeks.
I’ll see you around!
P.S. You can share this video with anyone who might find it helpful by using the buttons below
Book a free 15 minute health chat with me here