Initially Kara was not sure she wanted to work with me or do Metabolic Balance. She was extremely doubtful it was going to work.
I knew I would be able to help her but after our chat I didn’t hear from her for a few weeks.
After 8 years as a vegetarian and 2 as a vegan following the advice of the Medical Medium, Kara was nervous to try animal proteins again, fearing it would make her antibodies soar.
But she was also frustrated with her extremely low energy levels and the stubborn tummy weight so in the end she decided to give it a go.
This is what Kara had to say about how she felt initially…
“I was hesitant coming from a vegan lifestyle for 2+ years and vegetarian lifestyle for 8+ years. Changing my diet was extremely unnerving to me as I had seen improvements in my health however I still had lingering concerns which didn’t change no matter what I tried.”
As a working mum to a two year old, Kara’s sleep and energy were of major concern to her.
She reported her energy at a low 5/10. She was particularly exhausted by 3pm (the blood sugar hour as I like to call it) but felt tired throughout the day.
Her brain fog was severe enough it affected her ability to function.
Kara was familiar with the benefits of a whole food diet and ate plenty of healthy and wholesome foods in her vegan diet but they were not right for her or her healing journey.
She claimed she was ‘always hungry’.
I knew that personlised nutrition was going to be a game changer for her.
Kara had a very pale pallor to her complexion and not surprisingly her pathology revealed she was very low in iron. Hormonally, Kara reported mild PMS with heavy bleeding day 1 with some cramping discomfort.
Kara had trouble conceiving in the past due to Hashimoto’s and she wanted to prepare her body for a successful pregnancy in the future.
Kara wanted to manage her thyroid function better and with fewer or no supplements (she had 9 different supplements she took on & off).
She was also hoping to get her autoimmunity into remission eventually.
“I was also heavily supplementing which was also something I wanted to reduce as much as possible and find something that would heal my body through food only. It took me almost 3 months before I was ready to commit and start the program. Mostly changing my mind set around “healthy eating”.
Kara is a very petite woman, weight gain had not been a major issue for her and was not her main motivation for working with me.
She stated that it would be a bonus if she could release her stubborn abdominal weight gain on her belly which she estimated to be around 4kg of extra weight based on her history.
Her starting weight was 58kg and her goal was 54kg. Kara experienced a few food intolerances and digestive issues and was already on a strictly gluten free diet.
Kara had her initial health consult at the end of March and started her program with me at the beginning of April 2022. We had her last consultation in mid-July 2022 so we worked together for a total of 3 ½ months.
We stopped all her supplements as she wanted to see what just food could do for her health. I recommended some selenium drops and Kara agreed to take the drops only throughout the program.
In 7 days
- 2.5kg released. This was very much a fluid & inflammation picture that was sitting on her belly due to the unsuitable dietary patterns Kara had before starting her program
- Energy had already jumped up to 8/10
- Sleep had improved
- 4kg released, down to goal weight with abdominal weight gain released
- Energy stable at 8/10
- Enjoying food options
- First period since starting MB is lighter & more comfortable
- Libido has also significantly increased
- Sleep has improved to 7/10
- Energy 8/10
- Sleep 8/10
- Brain fog is gone
- Maintaining new weight
- Very confident with food choices
- Period is lighter with a shorter bleed, no pain
3 ½ months
- Sleep 8/10
- Energy 9/10
- Upon retesting TPO antibodies have decreased from 470 to 424
- Ferritin and iron have increased
- Kara’s complexion has improved drastically, she looks healthier, more pink in her complexion with eyes more alert & clear.
- Has advised she is definitely ovulating and is feeling more optimistic about her fertility. To be continued I guess!
- The weight has stayed off her abdomen effortlessly despite having been in maintenance phase for about six weeks.
- Kara’s thyroid function has normalised since she first started her plan, all her blood levels are now in the optimal range and her TSH has decreased from 3.3 (subclinical hypothyroidism) to 1.7 (optimal) and her symptoms have resolved.
Kara is now super confident with which foods are right for her, her portion sizes and how to balance a meal to keep her blood sugar regulated, keep inflammation at bay and energy high.
She still enjoys food while on holidays and at special occasions. She is effortlessly maintaining her energy levels, hormonal health and healthy weight.
“Within the first week there was no question in my mind that I had made the right choice to start this. I instantly felt energized and inflammation had reduced greatly already! In the end my results have been amazing and I’m so happy with where I’m at with my health, in terms of how I’m feeling but also with my Hashimoto’s & Thyroid blood work. This is now just a lifestyle that works best for me, my blood type and blood results for my condition (which is basically gone now). So so happy. Thank you very much! Forever grateful!” Kara
The Thrive Method for women with Hashimoto’s & Hypothyroidism will be available very soon.
Reply to this email with YES (‘heck yeah’ is also acceptable) if you want me to put you on my in-the-know wait list for The Thrive Method.