One woman’s Metabolic Balance journey (and her amazing results!)
I often to speak to potential clients who are curious about Metabolic Balance but want to see some real results from women just like them.
So one of my client’s, Sarah, has stepped forward to give you some inspiration and motivation.
In 2019 Sarah had suffered with postpartum Graves disease, a thyroid autoimmune disease after the birth of her third child.
Since then Sarah’s weight had crept up, she was exhausted, sleeping poorly, menstruating heavily and was concerned about her PMS affecting her parenting & family life.
Sarah had daily brain fog and she felt inflamed and lacklustre. Her joints were “crunchy” and sore, particularly her knees.
Sarah’s digestion was causing issues for her with daily bloating and irregular bowel motions every 2-3 days.
Sarah’s goals were to regain her energy, balance her hormones so PMS wasn’t disrupting the household, know which foods suited her body, improve digestion and release 10kg of weight.
Sarah started Metabolic Balance on the 4th August 2021.
- Starting to notice an increase in energy, 6 or 7/10, no longer needing a 3pm nap which have previously been a daily occurrence.
- Bloating has decreased, stomach doesn’t feel hard & distended any longer.
- Clothes are fitting more easily.
- Struggling to drink the required water content though.
- Missing the ritual of snacking.
- Day 2 of period, PMS greatly reduced despite high stress.
- A lot of stress this week and felt tempted to comfort with food but resisted and stuck to the plan.
- Knees are feeling less ‘crunchy’.
- Brain fog decreased and able to concentrate more easily.
- Released 2kg, 3cm off waist, 7cm off hip, 3cm off thigh.
- Energy 7.5/10.
- Brain fog is gone.
- Mood and emotional resilience greatly improved despite being in lockdown again.
- Menstrual cycle lighter and previous severe PMS now mild.
- No longer experiencing joint pain in knees or shoulders. No longer feeling ‘crunchy’.
- Sarah has noticed that she can see collarbone again and is fitting into pants she hasn’t worn in a long time.
- Released 6kg, 7cm off her waist, 8cm off her hips & 5cm off her thigh.
- Packing house to move, high stress.
- Family member had surgery, high stress and very interrupted sleep with children waking her regularly.
- MB has “helped me stay level headed and clear”.
- Released 6.9kg, 10cm off waist, 11cm off hips and 7cm off thigh.
- During move had more takeaway for a couple of weeks and felt awful.
- Energy 8/10 despite the move.
- Released 7.9kg, 10cm off waist, 11cm off hip, 8cm off thigh.
Two months later:
- Sarah had moved house so I didn’t see her for a couple of months, she was feeling confident with her daily eating. By the time we caught up next Sarah had reached her goal weight and was maintaining it well.
- She was still enjoying all the changes to her mood, cognition, menstrual cycle, joint health and digestive function too.
- Sarah was in tune with her body and very confident with a whole foods diet. She had been experimenting with different foods and discovering which foods served her and which didn’t. She notes that she felt “free from emotional eating” and had learned a lot during the house moving stage when she ate a lot more takeaway and lapsed into old habits, noting “you realise how toxic processed food is”.
- Bowel motions daily without the need for added fibre supplement and no bloating. Sarah had realised through trial and error that gluten caused digestive symptoms and was having a lower gluten diet, consuming rye instead of wheat. She had also discovered that dairy made her gassy and was contributing to her digestive discomfort. Through experimentation Sarah discovered she could still have A2 milk in her tea without any issues.
- Sarah was now finding it easy to drink enough water.
- Through Metabolic Balance Sarah had learnt a lot about her own nutritional needs and it was informing how she fed family too, family dinners were fully integrated with her own heathy eating now.
- By the completion of her Metabolic Balance program after seven consults Sarah had released 10kg, 11cm off waist, 9cm off hip, 10cm off thigh and reached her goal weight.
I asked Sarah a few questions about her journey with Metabolic Balance, you can read what she wrote here….
Where were you at (health wise) before you started Metabolic Balance?
I was at a bit of a cross roads with my health and knew I needed to change what I was doing. I had recently been diagnosed with Graves disease and after several months of cutting out sugar, dairy and gluten I was in remission. However, 2020 came and I slumped back into old habits and ended up bloated, tired, irritable and 10kgs heavier which made me feel uncomfortable.
What tangible improvements had you had now after completing your program?
– no longer bloated
– less brain fog and more clarity
– more energy and no need for the 3pm nap
– feeling full and satisfied
– no hayfever symptoms
– less inflammation in my body, my knees aren’t as sore, no need to crack my knuckles
– change in taste buds
– weight loss consistent all over my body
– better posture
– less gassy and more predictable bowel movements
– more predictable periods and much less pain and irritability
– awareness of what will fuel and benefit my body
– less headaches
– no coldsores
– much better sleep
– becoming more disciplined
– making better choices and feeling confident in myself.
How would you describe MB to your best friend?
It’s something you need to choose to do for yourself, because at times it can be hard, especially in the beginning. It is something that will help you for the rest of your life and change the way you approach food in general. It has helped me in ways I wasn’t expecting and I’m grateful I had a coach who could walk through this with me and help me. It’s a total investment in your health, and a way to avoid all the drugs and symptom suppression that western medicine is reliant upon. With Metabolic balance, food is the medicine!
Are there any surprising or unexpected benefits you’ve found through the program?
I’ve tried new foods that I wouldn’t have normally chosen and it’s made me consider all the ingredients in processed food.
After having some of my highly desirable foods, I’m more aware of how it negatively affects my body and I will avoid them now.
My children have watched me with keen eyes throughout the process and they’ve noticed a lot of changes and how I talk about food.
What are you able to do now that you couldn’t before MB?
Fit into size 8-10 clothes!
Stop myself from eating too much and then feeling bloated and uncomfortable.
Think about how each meal will affect me in the long term and how to better equip my body for all the changes it will face as a woman!
It’s such a pleasure to play a part in someone’s health journey.
It is my belief that all women deserve to feel amazing like Sarah so they can show up in every area of their lives with vibrancy & joy.
And guess what? It’s possible!
Get in touch if you want to want to chat about whether Metabolic Balance is right for you!